View Profile Bindy

5 Movie Reviews

This was super cute, but it was hard to enjoy with the audio issues. I would have liked there to have been a bit more detail to the bush cutting...

It sounds like the gain for Link accidentally was turned up too much, causing clipping and distortion. I know that Kaitsu has a pretty decent mic, so maybe it's an encoding issue? My audio seems to play nice with flash. If Kaitsu's and the pony's were was converted from another file type, I would be more than happy to re-export with the settings I used. <3

I love how the beginning looks like aged pages from a book, while the rest has a lovely fairy-like color scheme. The flower tinderals wrapping around the tree branches really made them seem like animate creatures. I can't wait to see what you do for the next round.

&quot;Goodnight Sweet Prince&quot; - Excellent Foreshadowing

"Goodnight Sweet Prince" is such a perfect title for this twisted bedtime story. I guess he reached the deepest slumber of all.

I love the animation style you used. Very expressive and detailed. The opening scene of the tired parents and the bouncing child flawlessly created the setting of a mother putting a hyper child to bed with a moment incorporating story. The writing and scene selection purposely lead the viewer into the comfort zone of "humorous slice of life," while slowly dropping hints to the contrary along the way.

I loved the way the castle and walls were drawn in particular. They provided a nice dark backdrop to foreshadow the story's more sinister theme, while lulling the viewer into a false sense of security; creating a seemingly innocent fairy tale world for the characters. The symbolic use of a raven, as opposed to a sparrow or other bird usually associated with good fortune, was also an enjoyable tidbit of foreshadowing.

The character designs remind me of block printed illustrations that were in my childhood copy of "Grimm's Fairy Tales" and really enhanced the experience.

1 Game Review

Poorly Thought Out.

Although the concept of a dress-up game supportive of different body types is a nice one, this game is a poor execution. First, advertising this game with the words "Fat Girl" with a model that is slightly over average in body type is a bit demeaning. Secondly, the clothing and accessories seem to have been poorly thought out. This is a fashion game, thus at least a little attention should have been given to using body type appropriate clothing and a proportional head and hair styles. Most of the clothing is unflattering and makes her look bloobish, as if it was modeled for a different silhouette, then expanded to fit over a different shape. Clothing on a body, be it shaped like a Carrot, apple, or hourglass, can accentuate or exaggerate the wrong features, depending on the cut of the clothing. Instead of potato sack-esq clothing, things to flatter her figure and add definition to her features would have been a better choice

In short, if you're going to make a game for a specific body type, do your research.

3 Art Reviews

Viare looks super cute! Love it ~<3 The female characters on Newgrounds hardly ever get any love.

This is awesome!

dylan responds:

you're awesome

It looks super cute! Maybe alternate cute and serious things for sanity?

I'm a professional voice talent! Hear me in video games, toys, & animations. I'll voice anything from young boys & cute girls, to seductive temptresses and monsters. I will not voice adult content projects. Range: Medium - Suuuper High!

Bindy Coda @Bindy